These are indeed difficult times for businesses, however, there are things we can do to mitigate this greatly. Here is a list of 7 things business owners and executives do that undermine themselves in stressful times and what we can do to fix it.
Here’s The List
7. Failure to change when change is necessary – many companies have already pulled off successful pandemic pivots. If the writing is on the wall, read it and reap!
6. Letting fear control you – if you are running scared, you are afraid to succeed.
5. Playing the role of victim – if you are pointing at external factors as reasons for a lack of success, it is time to look in the mirror, pull up your socks, and forge your own path.
4. Failure to learn from mistakes – everyone makes them, so take your lumps and move forward.
3. Lack of focus – if you continually get distracted from core duties, it’s time to crank up the self-discipline.
2. Failure to seek support – many industry leaders rely on a coach to help them through challenging times.
1. Folding a hand early – as Kenny Rogers sang of poker, every hand’s a winner and every hand’s a loser. Your cards might look bad now, but if you have a sound game plan and play your hand properly, it will be a winner!
Mindset Matters! How you act and respond daily will affect the trajectory of your business success and long term prosperity. Choose wisely.